Gerard Lighting has been presented an ‘Award of Commendation’ in the Luminaire Design Award IESANZ NSW Chapter 2016 for its Sylvania Briteline LED Raptor has taken the prize in the ‘In Production’ award category.
The Sylvania Briteline LED Raptor is said to be a high power, high-performance, energy-efficient new generation LED flood light delivering 138,000Lm at 108Lm/W. Designed in Australia for professional floodlighting applications and Australian conditions, this floodlight was developed from the ground up.
The LuDA award represents the IESANZ NSW Chapter’s quality in the design and manufacture of luminaires within NSW. Gerard Lighting have taken this award home by achieving the highest level of interest, aesthetic excellence, originality and technical execution.
The key to Raptor’s performance is its reflector system housing the latest LED chips. This technology intensifies performance and minimises losses, says the manufacturer. The Raptor produces a high lumen output with less power, saving up to 40 percent of the energy used by traditional 2KW Metal Halide floodlights.
“Technical aspects such as minimising the weight and windage of the luminaire meant that we had to rethink the mechanical structure,” said Ben Mills, executive general manager, Gerard Lighting. “Lightweight fibre reinforced engineered plastics were used for non-load bearing parts. An aluminium skeletal open frame design was selected to support the LED modules resulting in a sleek & compact design robust for extreme environmental conditions.”
This high output LED floodlight is suitable for stadiums, sports lighting, airport aprons, transit hubs, ports and any area requiring energy efficiency, minimal maintenance and precision optical control.
- Input power – 1,260 W
- Luminaire lumens – 133,000+
- Design Life of 36,000hrs at L90
- Windage of 0.17m2 (at tilt of 13°)
- Die cast aluminum (low copper content) frame in grey RAL 7035
- Galvanised trunnion arm allowing for over and under slinging on cross arms
- IP66 wiring junction box with 25mm gland
- Remote 415V and 240V driver system
- Lighting Control ready
- Precision optical reflector system
- 4 x anodised aluminium Heat Sink modules
- Precision aiming protractor
- 5 Year Warranty
- CCT 5700K
- CRI ≥70 or CRI ≥85
- Extra Narrow, Narrow, Medium or Wide beam angles
- Asymmetrical or Roto-symmetrical distribution