Cookies Notice effective as of
January 28, 2019
More information about cookies
What are cookies?
Cookies are small text files that are stored on your computer’s hard disk when you visit certain websites. At Signify we may use similar techniques, such as pixels, web beacons etc. For consistency’s sake, all these techniques combined will be named ‘cookies’.
Why are these cookies used?
Cookies may be used for many different purposes. For example, cookies can be used to show that you have visited our website before and to identify which parts of the site you might be most interested in. Cookies can also improve your online experience by storing your preferences during your visit to our website.
Cookies from third parties
Third parties (external to Signify) may also store cookies on your computer during your visit to Signify websites. These indirect cookies are similar to direct cookies but come from a different domain (non-Signify) to the one you are visiting.
Please be aware that Signify currently does not make use of a technical solution that would enable us to respond to your browser’s ‘Do Not Track’ signals. In order to manage your cookie preferences, however, you may alter the cookie settings in your browser settings at any time. You may accept all, or certain, cookies. If you do disable our cookies in your browser settings, you may find that certain sections of our website(s) will not work. For example, you may have difficulties logging in or making online purchases.
You can find further information on how to alter your cookie settings for the browser that you use from the following
- list: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/technologies/managing/ http://support.mozilla.com/en-US/kb/Cookies#w_cookie-settings http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Block-or-allow-cookies http://www.apple.com/safari/features.html#security On the Signify pages, Flash cookies may also be used. Flash cookies may be removed by managing your Flash Player settings. Depending on the version of Internet Explorer (or other browser) and media player you use, you may be able to manage Flash cookies with your browser. You may manage Flash Cookies by visiting Adobe’s website. Please be aware that restricting the use of Flash Cookies may affect the features available to you. Further information about the type of cookies used on Signify sites Cookies that ensure that the website functions properly
These cookies are necessary to make it possible to surf the Signify website(s) and use the website’s functions, such as accessing protected areas of the website. Without these cookies, such functions, including shopping baskets and electronic payment, are not possible.
- Remembering products that you add to your shopping basket during online purchasingRemembering information that you fill in on the various pages when paying or ordering so that you don’t have to fill in all your details repeatedlyPassing on information from one page to the next, for instance if a long survey is being filled in or if you need to fill in a large number of details for an online orderStoring preferences such as language, location, the number of search results to be displayed etc.Storing settings for optimal video display, such as buffer size and your screen’s resolution detailsReading your browser settings so that we can display our website optimally on your screenLocating misuse of our website and services, for example by recording several consecutive failed log-in attemptsLoading the website evenly so that it remains accessibleOffering the option of storing log-in details so that you don’t have to enter them every timeMaking it possible to place a reaction on our website
- Keeping track of the number of visitors to our web pagesKeeping track of the length of time that each visitor spends on our web pagesDetermining the order in which a visitor visits the various pages on our websiteAssessing which parts of our site need to be improvedOptimising the website
- keep track of which advertisements you have already been shown so that you are not always shown the same oneskeep track of how many visitors click on the advertisementkeep track of how many orders are placed by way of the advertisement
Cookies for behaviour-related content of a web page
Our aim is to provide visitors to our website with information that is as relevant as possible to them. We therefore endeavor to adapt our site as much as possible to every visitor. We do this not only through the content of our website, but also through the advertisements shown.
To make it possible for these adaptations to be carried out, we try to acquire a picture of your likely interests on the basis of the Signify websites that you visit in order to develop a segmented profile. Based on these interests, we then adapt the content and the advertisements on our website for various groups of customers. For instance, based upon your surfing behaviour, you may have similar interests to the ‘males in the 30-to-45 age range, married with children and interested in football’ category. This group will, of course, be shown different advertisements to the ‘female, 20-to-30 age range, single and interested in travelling’ category.
Third parties that set cookies via our website may also try to find out what your interests are in this way. In this case, the information about your current website visit may be combined with information from previous visits to websites other than ours.
Even if such cookies are not used, please note that you will be provided with advertisements on our site; however, these advertisements will not be tailored to your interests.
These cookies make it possible for:
- the websites to record your visit and, as a result, to assess your interestsa check to be run to see if you have clicked on an advertisementinformation about your surfing behaviour to be passed to other websitesthird-party services to be used to show you advertisementsmore interesting advertisements to be displayed on the basis of your social media usage
The articles, pictures and videos that you look at on our website can be shared and liked via social media by means of buttons. Cookies from the social media parties are used to enable these buttons to function, so that they recognise you when you wish to share an article or video.
These cookies make it possible for:
- logged-in users of selected social media to share and like certain content from our website directly
We may amend this Cookie Notice from time to time, for example, because our website or the rules relating to cookies change. We reserve the right to amend the content of the Cookie Notice and the cookies included in the lists at any time and without notice. The new Cookie Notice will be effective upon posting. If you do not agree to the revised notice, you should alter your preferences, or consider stopping using the Signify pages. By continuing to access or make use of our services after the changes become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Cookie Notice. You can consult this web page for the latest version.
If you have any further questions and/or comments, please contact us.